ECHA has released its Regulatory Strategy for Flame Retardants, identifying aromatic brominated flame retardants as candidates for an EU-wide restriction.
- ECHA’s Biocidal Products Committee (BPC) supports the approval of nitrogen generated from ambient air as a low-risk active substance
Regarding the approval of nitrogen generated from ambient air as a low-risk active substance, in its March meeting, the BPC adopted opinions:
- U.S. EPA Announces Accelerated Action on Four Organophosphate Pesticides Based on Updated Exposure Assessments
EPA is releasing the updated occupational and non-occupational spray drift exposure risk assessments for diazinon, ethoprop, tribufos and phosmet.
The Registry of Restriction Intentions has been updated with addition of lead and its compounds. The limitation applies to the sale and use of lead in lures and sinkers for outdoor fishing as well as projectiles for firearms and airguns.
The Center for Environmental Health (CEH) and Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) announced results of a new study showing fluorinated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic containers tested positive for PFAS, including…
The Nutrition & Biosciences Netherlands B.V.
- Taiwan EPA to strictly prohibit and limit the use of organotin and strengthen the source management of chemical substances
Organotin compounds such as triphenyltin are used in the production of biocides.
At its tenth meeting in June 2022, the parties to the Stockholm Convention decided to add a new chemical, perfluorohexane sulfonic acid (PFHxS), its salts, and PFHxS-related compounds to the list of chemicals subject to restrictions under the…
- Recent EU journal published containing crucial regulations and decisions regarding biocidal products
This journal compiles some regulations and decisions related to biocidal products as follows:
- EU: Expiry date of the approval of 4,5-Dichloro-2-octyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one for use in biocidal products postponed
The expiry date of the approval of 4,5-Dichloro-2-octyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one for use in biocidal products of product-type 8 set out in Annex I to Directive 98/8/EC is postponed to 31 December 2025.