The packaging industry of today strives to maintain product quality throughout the value chain; along with minimizing negative consequences on the environment
Increasing adoption of Sustainable packaging- such as mono materials, uptake in the use of bioplastics and reusable packaging materials are the ongoing trends of the Packaging industry. The industry is also adopting green packaging by utilizing sustainable material for its minimal impact on the environment.
A robust packaging reinforces the belief that the company adheres to the best standards and is committed to the cause of consumer safety. Attractive packaging and labeling also provide a competitive edge to the product as it acts as a differentiator in the market.
Companies are continuously innovating to keep up with changing consumer preferences. The increase in e-commerce is prompting companies to consider packaging solutions that are lightweight and convenient to transport across complex distribution channels.
Packaging manufacturers are heavily scrutinized across the world as the materials used directly impact the packaged contents and affect end consumers in turn. Companies must keep up with the ever-evolving regulations of the packaging industry.
By ensuring packaging compliance with the latest Regulatory requirements; companies can avoid legal repercussions and product recalls.
The following points govern the Regulatory thought process in packaging:
- More restrictive requirements for materials in direct contact with the product
- Emphasis on novel materials and methods for their regulation
- Increased focus on "Chemicals of Concern"
- More recycled packaging
- Innovative, green and sustainable packaging
Freyr ensures that the clients are compliant with the latest Regulatory developments across the globe, along with the region-specific regulations of the target market. Freyr, as a strategic Regulatory partner for end-to-end packaging, keeps manufacturers updated with real-time regulations and ensures packaging compliance.
Most food packaging is single-use and is considered as waste after the contents are consumed.
Manufacturers are actively moving towards reusable, recyclable and compostable food packaging.
Appropriate food packaging is required to:
- Maintains the nutrient content
- Allows consumption throughout its shelf life
- Protects from varying climates
- Safeguards from microbial deterioration
Cosmetic contents often react with the packaging material. It is necessary for cosmetic packaging to be:
- Leakage resistant
- A robust substrate to prevent contamination
- Attractive to the target audience and speed up decision making
- Shelf impact in a maximized way
Consumer goods range from household appliances to children toys. They vary across size and function and require appropriate customization.
A suitable consumer goods packaging should:
- Maintain product integrity and efficiency across multiple stages in transit and extended storage
- Protect from external contamination
- Communicate/ highlight product information in retail sales
- Identification of Packaging Compliance Requirements
- Compliance Checks
- Review of Packaging Material Documents
- Gap Analysis and Study of Additional Requirements
- Data Gap Remediations
- Monitoring of Testing Requirements for Compliance
- Proactive Observance of Regulatory Developments and Impact Analysis
- End to End Safety Assessment
- Safety Assessment & Analytical Testing Plan
- Advice on Modelling Options
- Advice on Migration Testing (Identify Leachables Migrating into the Formula)