Managing the processes and data related to raw materials (RM) can be extremely challenging and time consuming; especially when organizations are dealing with multiple suppliers & manufacturing facilities, and a worldwide distribution network.
To overcome such challenges, A Top 5 Consumer Goods company approached Freyr to support them in ensuring their top 20 brands are in full compliance with the current Regulatory requirements. The scope of the project was to ensure the entire product portfolio in compliance with the National/State/Provincial Regulatory requirements and Industry standards of markets like the EU, JAPAC, Middle East, ROI and ASEAN.
Freyr led the program right from supplier communication, document management, product formula development, to review (from a compositional and Regulatory perspective).
The project was initiated with review/understanding of overall process and challenges faced by the client. At the outset, raw material questionnaire (RMQ) was revised with Regulatory backgrounds, so as to educate suppliers on Regulatory context and criticality of the information or documents for business continuity. Key activities included in the project include:
- Review of individual raw materials and the complete formulation for compliance with national requirements
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders cross the supply chain to obtain RM documents,
- Obtain clarification on the unclear documents and incomplete information
- In depth gap analysis
- Liaising with the global Regulatory affairs and R&D teams for gap remediation
- Established communication channel with suppliers for timely receipt of appropriate documents and information
- Up to date Raw Material documents’ database with inbuilt automated tracker to alert the client on future update requirements
- Regulatory compliance with conservative threshold for all geographies