Due to the expiration of the data protection period for existing chemical substances that have been recognized for data protection and notified as generic names, maintenance such as modification of the original chemical substance name is required.
The data protection period has expired, so the original chemical name is reorganized. 4 chemicals with the different CAS numbers are identified as the same substance and deleted from the list.
In five cases, CAS numbers were assigned and chemical names from the CAS index were added to previously announced lists. They are listed as follows:
1. Acetaldehyde polymer with m-cresol, p-cresol, formaldehyde and 2,5-xylene ; Acetaldehyde polymer with 2,5-dimethylphenol, formaldehyde, 3-methylphenol and 4-methylphenol (CAS No. 151677-97-3)
2. 2,2',3,4,4'-Pentahydroxybenzophenone 6-diazo-5,6-dihydro-5-oxonaphthalene-1-sulfonate ; 6-Diazo-5,6-dihydro-5-oxo-1-naphthalenesulfonate with (2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)(2,3,4-trihydroxyphenyl)methanone (CAS No. 124364-82-5)
3. 6-Diazo-5,6-dihydro-5-oxonaphthalene-1-sulfonate ester polymer with acetaldehyde and m-cresol ; Acetaldehyde polymer with 3-methylphenol, 6-diazo-5,6-dihydro-5-oxo-1-naphthalenesulfonate (CAS No. 142443-61-6)
4. 9-Anthracenylmethyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate polymer with 2-hydroxyethyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate and methyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate (CAS No. 477705-47-8)
5. 1-Ethylcyclopentyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate polymer with 3-hydroxytricyclo[188.8.131.52,7]dec-1-yl 2-methyl-2-propenoate, 1-methyl-1-tricyclo[184.108.40.206,7]dec-1-yl ethyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate and tetrahydro-2-oxo-3-furanyl 2-methyl-2-propenoate (CAS No. 1414956-72-1)
Other revisions are as follows:
1. Lithium nickel oxide(Li2NiO2) (CAS No. 12325-84-7)
2. 1,4-Cyclohexanedimethanol polymer with 1,6-diisocyanato-2,2,4-trimethylhexane, 2-hydroxyethyl acrylate-blocked (CAS No. 396103-64-3)
The parties affected by this amendment are required to submit a written opinion by May 24, 2023 to the Minister of Environment (Chemical Substances Policy Division).