The chemicals strategy for sustainability outlines a number of initiatives that call for a targeted change of the Regulation on the classification, labelling, and packaging of chemical compounds and combinations in order to execute the Green Deal…
On 3rd March 2023, the European Commission adopted approximately 100 new and updated test methods for the safety assessment of chemicals under REACH (Regulation for the registration, evaluation, authorization, and restriction of chemicals).
The European Commission has amended the Annex to Regulation (EC) No 440/2008, which lays down the test methods pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006.
- OEHHA Issues Notice of Intent to List Chemicals by the Labor Code Mechanism: 1,1,1-Trichloroethane and Leucomalachite Green Included
1,1,1-Trichloroethane and leucomalachite green meet the requirements for listing as known to the state to cause cancer for purposes of Proposition 65. This action is being proposed pursuant to the “Labor Code” listing mechanism2.
- California: Sustainable Pest Management Roadmap for California released with an ambition to eliminate high-risk pesticides by 2050
California's Department of Pesticide Regulation, Environmental Protection Agency, and Department of Food and Agriculture have collaborated to create a roadmap for the state's transition to sustainable pest control in both rural and urban areas.…
- EPA Announces Plan for New Rulemaking on PBT Chemicals, Extends Existing Compliance Date to Protect Supply Chains
The EPA announced its plan to initiate a new separate rulemaking in Spring 2023 and propose new rules for the five identified chemicals that are considered persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic ("PBT Chemicals"), including phenol, isopropylated…
- Lawsuit filed against EPA over limits on ethylene oxide emissions from organic chemical manufacturing
Huntsman Petrochemical and two industry trade groups, the American Chemistry Council and the Louisiana Chemical Association, filed lawsuits on February 21, 2023 to challenge the US Environmental Protection Agency's recent decision to keep a 2020…
- New Zealand: Proposal to introduce the Hazardous Substances (Storage and Disposal of Persistent Organic Pollutants) Notice 2023
New Zealand issued a proposed new EPA notice on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) on February 20, 2023.
The following industrial chemical has been added to the Australian Inventory of Industrial Chemicals in accordance with Section 83 of the 2019 Industrial Chemicals Act.
Turkish importers no longer have to list their foreign company in the "Suppliers" section