The document updated the list of chemicals subject to toxic chemical release reporting under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) and the Pollution Prevention Act (PPA).
- U.S.: Implementing Statutory Addition of Certain Per-and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) to the Toxics Release Inventory Beginning With Reporting Years 2021 and 2022
U.S. EPA has issued warning against potential health risks from emissions of ethylene oxide used in medical sterilizing plants across the U.S. including 13 states and Puerto Rico.
- U.S.: Significant New Uses of Chemical Substances; Updates to the Hazard Communication Program and Regulatory Framework; Minor Amendments to Reporting Requirements for Premanufacture Notices; Correction
U.S. EPA is issuing a correction to a final rule that published in the Federal Register on July 05, 2022.
- Risk management evaluations for Dechlorane Plus and UV-328 to be discussed at upcoming POPRC of the Stockholm Convention
In their upcoming meeting to be held from September 26 to 30, 2022, the Persistent Organic Pollutants Review Committee (POPRC) of the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants are expected to hold discussion on the draft risk…
On August 01, 2022, the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme (AICIS) announced that it would change the conditions for “1-Propene, 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoro- (HFO-1234yf). The AIIC terms will change from August 29, 2022.
- Evaluation of the potential approaches to risk assessment of unintentional chemical mixtures for future UK REACH assessments
This joint report by the Environment Agency and the UK Health Security Agency identifies a recommended approach to address the risks to both the environment and human health from unintentional mixtures of chemicals under the UK Registration,…
- Benzenamine, N-phenyl-, reaction products with 2,4,4-trimethylpentene' and 'Reaction products of diphenylamine with nonene, branched' added to Registry of CLH intentions until outcome
An intention for harmonised classification and labelling of 'Benzenamine, N-phenyl-, reaction products with 2,4,4-trimethylpentene' and 'Reaction products of diphenylamine with nonene, branched' was intimated by France to ECHA.
An intention for harmonised classification and labelling of 2,3-epoxypropyl o-tolyl ether was intimated by Denmark to ECHA. The proposed harmonised classifications for the chemical are: Skin Irrit. 2, H315; Skin Sens. 1A, H317; Muta.
The American Chemistry Council (ACC) filed a lawsuit against the Environmental Protection Agency’s (U.S. EPA) revision of Lifetime Health Advisories (LHAs) for PFOA and PFOS.
Authors of this article have expressed an urgent need for regulatory authorities around the world to be inclusive of the most up-to-date scientific methods of chemical risk assessment by reconsidering (i) potential subthreshold responses, (ii)…